Thursday, April 29, 2010

Been there, done that

I'm home! Since we last talked, I flew off to Denver and arrived in the middle of a seriously lousy spring storm. My favorite part was when the rental car lady sent me to the LAST car in the LAST row for my own vehicle as 35mph winds and driving rain pelted me in the 34 degree temperatures (can't even imagine what the wind chill was.) I was hauling two suitcases, one with a broken wheel. And I might have said some very bad words in that moment, but they were necessary and appropriate to the situation.

Luckily, things got better from there. I was still dragging from having been ill last week so my energy level wasn't what it usually is, but let's face it - when you're at a bead show, it's hard to not have a good time! The Rocky Mountain Bead Society puts on a heck of a show with great vendors and demos and classes and door prizes. I'll definitely be back next year!

So now I'm home again, and facing the BIG ONE. Yup. The Bead & Button Show is just 36 days away. (I've been having a lot of fun torturing the other instructors with a daily countdown on Facebook.) The volume of kits I'm needing to make is staggering and it will quite literally take an entire month to do it. Thank goodness I'm the freaky kind of personality who doesn't mind the monotony of kit assembly tasks. And I know I have a large group of beady friends here who are willing to step in and help when I need it. Right now the biggest task is simply getting the beads and supplies ordered and here.

Speaking of Facebook, are you my Facebook friend? I'd love it if you'd friend me!
http://www.facebook.com/jill.wiseman

No comments:

Post a Comment