Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cleaning up after myself

I am a strange mix of a fool for organization, order, and cleanliness, and a slovenly whirlwind of a pigsty. I love having a specified place for everything, but the truth is that I have many more things (beads) than places. The other truth of my life is that while I like to put things away when I am done with them, I am never done! Which means I end up with stuff everywhere. And it builds up until I either have a strange 3am cleaning fit, or someone comes to the house.

In this case, we've got company coming. My niece and nephew, who are now almost 5 and 3 and can find the coolest stuff to get into any place, any time, are coming to visit on Sunday. So that means Saturday is whirling dervish clean up day. If it can't be put behind a closed door, it needs to be put up high. Our seed bead racks get covered with a blanket in the "out of sight, out of mind" principle. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But those kiddos are always worth the effort. I'm smiling just thinking about them coming through the front door!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment