There are so many balls in the air to be juggled that I often have trouble focusing on one at a time long enough to accomplish the task. I'm amazingly productive when I DO concentrate and am able to single-task (multi-tasking is no longer efficient in my muddled brain.) The trick is getting my mind to quiet down to that single event.
So I guess the answer for today is lists. I do know the coping techniques - and lists are a great way to quiet the mind because it keeps me from having to run the list over and over again in my head make sure I don't forget anything. On the other hand, one must keep track of the list(s) and that can be an issue too. But one thing at a time.
- Find all the samples to take to Houston Quilt Show (HQS)
- Buy dowel to hang banner for HQS
- Finish making kit samples that need to be shipped to Fusion for photos
- Finish making kits that need to be shipped to Fusion on Thursday
- Finish making kits that need to go with me to Houston on Wednesday
- Laundry to cloth myself in Houston
- Bank - deposit, and get change for cash register (closed Monday)
- Oh yeah - get Mom to reprogram cash register
- Pack and mail website orders that came in this weekend (closed Monday)
- Re-order Night at the Opera instructions
- Write Crystal Bangle instructions and email
- Pack booth stuff to leave for Houston on Wednesday morning
- Pack personal stuff to leave for Houston on Wednesday morning (see "laundry" above)
Tell you what, though - I already feel better for having a list!