Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Last week of schedule insanity

The only thing that's getting me through this week is the beautiful vista I see ahead on my calendar. Pretty little blank spaces which equal catching up and peace and harmony and organization to me. I'm dreaming of making headway on The List. I'm fantasizing about not waking daily with the awful knowledge that someone, somewhere, is waiting on me and getting irritated that I don't call/email/visit/bead/kit/ship faster.

But before I reach this elusive state of nirvana I must make it through the next seven days. Kit production is paramount - not that you're surprised by that. I'm working like a fiend trying to get some ready to send to Fusion Beads while still leaving enough for me to take to BABE this coming weekend. It would really suck to show up at a bead show I'm exhibiting at for the first time and not have any kits to sell them. Talk about a tease!

Which is kind of what I did to the members of the Wild West Bead Society last weekend in Forth Worth! I put out all my pretty little samples but when they wanted to buy kits I was pretty much out of stock of most of them. They were kind and purchased anyway, knowing it might be two weeks before they actually have them in their hot little hands.

Our two days of classes were absolutely great! Saturday's session with Night at the Opera was intensive and they did a great job of buckling down and working. Sunday's class with the Evening Song necklace was a little more loose, and at one point degenerated into 5 of the students pulling up the iPhone app "Cat Piano" and torturing the resident Chihuahua dog with endless cat meows. Ironically, Harley the dog mostly ignored it, while his mom, Carol, was threatening to take anti-anxiety medication and to send the pet therapy bill to the bead society.

We laughed. We ate. We teased. We beaded. It was a good weekend all the way around, and we'll be setting the dates for my return in 2010 shortly (I forgot to take my calendar.) Probably for late Oct. or early November.

I couldn't stand looking at that accidental non-post on the blog from last week any more, so despite my exhaustion and need for sleep I've managed to catch up with you guys. Now it's 5am here and I can't keep the eyes open another moment. Off to cat nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment