Sunday, March 15, 2009

Santa Fe, Update 2

One more day of the Bead Fest Santa Fe show, and then we all start packing up and heading for home for a little while. I have absolutely fallen in love with the city and the people who live here. The attendees at the show have been a delight and our kits and patterns have been wonderfully well-received. I met a bunch of crazy ladies from Colorado who make me laugh like a hyena - I can't wait to see them again next month when I'm there for the Rocky Mountain Bead Bazaar. What fun it will be!

Yet, for all the good of this show, it's been a mixed bag for me personally. There was a flurry of last minute arrangements that went astray that could have been problematic, although I managed to pull it all together. An attempt by me to be what I try to always be - a good person - was taken in the wrong way, and a friendship has been woefully damaged as a result. So my heart is in a bit of turmoil from the ups and downs of this trip. I guess that's life, isn't it? Some moments are fabulous, and others are challenging, and you have to learn to navigate between them with as much grace as you can muster.

You hope your friends know your heart and can see the good faith that was intended, even if it didn't turn out the way it might have.

Let's change subjects, shall we?? On a completely different note, I previewed a new bracelet design at Santa Fe, and reviews are glowing!! It's a project I'll be submitting for the 2010 national shows...I'll show you guys a photo as soon as I get the second prototype made up. There's a few tweaks I intend to make first. I have a second 2010 teaching proposal project in the works that mixes bead crochet and bead weaving in a bold, big, asymmetrical design. More project brainstorming comes after that!! I love seeing the vision come to life...even when what springs forth from my needle and thread isn't at all what I thought would appear! Remember - there are no mistakes - only variations!

No comments:

Post a Comment