Monday, June 15, 2009

Best laid plans

First off, what a great weekend we had! I taught classes on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and it was one of those times when you laugh so much your face hurts. My dear sister of the heart, Kathryn, was feeling well enough to attend which made me thrilled beyond belief. Between my schedule and her health, it's been months since we've been in the same room. Not gonna be letting that happen again!

She was generous enough to gift me with a really lovely bracelet from her collection, and when the ladies found it, well....photos are worth a thousand words....






















Monday, Mom had me up early to go visit Alexis and William before her surgery on Tuesday. "Early" meaning I was ready to leave the house at 10am. But as we were ready to walk out the door, the phone rang. It was the doctor's office, telling Mom her knee replacement surgery has to be postponed due to a urinary tract infection that showed up in her blood work. Poor Mom wanted to cry! It's so hard to get all mentally set for the big event, and then poof! You have to completely change the mindset. She got the prescription today, and they've rescheduled for next Tues instead. Which means that she'll have to go back to work for a week, starting tomorrow. Booo!

We still had Monday though, and made the best of it. Our visit to the kids was a blast - Alexis has discovered a love of art, and William, at 2 months, is showing signs of being quite a handsome fellow! Afterwards we fed our disappointment with lunch (and dessert - how could I have been ignorant all these years how amazing bread pudding is??) and then some retail therapy at Ikea.

We purchased two chairs for the class table (2 down, 6 to go) that will look smashing when we get them put together. We also came home with some drawer units for our office/store space to start replacing the 20 year old white cubes and bookshelves that look so out of place in there now. Bit by bit, piece by piece.

A nap capped off the day. Running errands in 105 degree heat index is taxing! And when I woke up from the nap, I got my favorite kind of package - more 2mm Swarovski crystals!! I'm now back in stock with the Jet Dorado, the Light Rose/Rosaline, and I have new Olivine AB and Aqua AB that are sparkle city! We'll be working on getting photos in the next few days and getting them up on the website.

I've declared Tuesday a paperwork day. Sigh. But it has to be done. I need to figure out the cash flow over the next few months, pay some bills, and work up the bead restocking order to get ready for July and August. I've got a bunch of shows back-to-back, so I'll need to get a large quantity of everything ready in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment