Sunday, October 26, 2008

When Munchkins Attack

Wow. I managed to dodge Mom's flu bugs a few weeks ago. I was strong and fought off Mick & Laura's germy bugs that stole their voices. But Little Miss Alexis? That adorable niece of mine? She's the culprit! I babysat for her just two hours on Friday while she had a cold, and now I woke up in full-blown cold mode this morning. Noooo!!!

Despite my poor health, Mom and I made a day trip to the Houston International Gem & Jewelry show today. We haven't done that in a loooong time, and it was quite fun. I managed to snap up all the kit-critical components I was looking for, and I splurged on a long length of too expensive chain that was so cool Mom and I couldn't resist. Two years ago, you would have had a hard time finding a chain vendor at this particular show. Now there were at least 8 or so, some of them having truly amazing stocks.

When we got home around 6pm, I crashed in bed for a quick nap. I just woke up (11pm) and Mom's sound asleep in bed and I missed the whole evening. Bummer. There's some leftover Chinese in the fridge that's calling my name, though, and then I'll probably work for an hour or so before I crash for more sleep.

Oh! Mom and I stopped in Brenham for gas on the way home, which for those of you who don't know, is the home of the most excellent Blue Bell ice cream. Of course the gas station also had an ice cream parlor and we both induldged. I had their Pistachio Almond, and it's WONDERFUL. I wish I had a gallon right now. I've been loyal to my Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio, but the boys may have met their match with a herd of cows from Brenham, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment