Friday, May 9, 2008

Good news here in Austin - you've got a new bead show to add to your calendars! The Bead Market, who regularly puts on excellent shows in the southwest, including San Antonio and Stafford (Houston), is adding an Austin gig. It's going to be July 26 &27 at the Travis Co. Expo Center and happily, the date fits neatly into my calendar, so I'll be there.

Yesterday was filled with domestic duties instead of beady ones. I took Maggie to the groomer, ran some errands, spent a mind-numbing 90 minutes at the Dept. of Public Safety to renew my license. I usually take a book to something like that where I know I'll be waiting, but I forgot this time and I suffered for it. On the other hand, I'm so relieved to get it over with. God only knows what the photo looks like. She had to take it three times because I kept blinking.

I ended the day with dinner with a friend - it didn't even take us six months this time to get together! I'm trying hard to make more time to do things with friends again. I guess I've finally realized I'm never going to be less busy. There is no catching up when you're the boss. I'm always going to have far more to do than I have time to do it in, and I just need to accept that and deal. Which means that I need to carve out time for the people and things that are important to me no matter the workload. Okay, within reason.

Teaching a new class tonight and I still have some tweaking to do on the instructions - but hey! They're written! So that's a big accomplishment for me. These were some simpler ones to write (after all, the class is called One Night Wonder for a reason) but next week's new class is much more intensive and challenging - both to write and for the beaders taking the class. I'm going to submit it for the 2009 national classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment