Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dang, am I tired

I've been in Milwaukee less than 24 hours, and it's already kicking my butt!

First, the drive from Tulsa to Joliet Tuesday was long but uneventful, right up to that last 150 miles. Then it was kind of like driving through the apocalypse. Rain, hail, thunder, lightning like I can't ever remember seeing before. One blast hit so close to my car that it made me scream out loud. There was apparently a tornado in the area also. Winds 45-70mph. I managed to pull over in a rest stop for the worst of it, but then drove through varying intensity cells for another 100 miles. I'd never been so happy to see a hotel in my life.

Today I was up and at 'em, and drove the last 2 hours into Milwaukee where I met up with Mom & Kathryn. We got the car unloaded, spent some beading time in the Gathering Place, and then a quick nap before it was time for Mom & I to get ready for the mass hysteria that is Meet The Teachers. For three hours each year at Bead & Button, it's a free for all - and to add to the drama, it's from 8pm to 11pm. Zzzzz!! Mom told me that I had to get up from my nap because there were ladies out there that wanted to throw money at me. But it was true! We sold and sold and sold, and now we're already out of some of our patterns and kits. And the expo hall doesn't even open until 4pm Thursday for the preview.

Being true pragmatists, Mom and I have already devised a plan. There's an Office Max two blocks from here, and we're getting up Thursday morning to go buy a new printer to print more patterns. Our printer at home was sounding sick anyway - I think the paper feed thingie is going out. And since I drove, there's no reason I can't just pack it up in the car and take it home with us. Problem solved.

And to solve that tired problem?? Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment