Monday, June 23, 2008

There are a lot of up days and down days in this life of mine. Good days where your class goes well, and the new design is awesome, and you got a lot done. Bad days where the package of beads you desperately need doesn't arrive in the mail, you can't make a good color choice to save your life, or someone stomps on you. (Or the dog eats...fill in the blank...)

And then there are the days that come out of no where and the events of the day leave you stunned with the generosity and goodness of the people around you. And I had one of those days today. It came out of the blue - an offer of help with nothing asked in return that is so overwhelming to me I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, thinking of it again. What's so amazing to me is that this isn't the first time someone has stepped up and offered out of the blue to help me and my career in very significant ways just because they wanted to. How lucky am I that these are the kind of people who surround me?

I try to be a good person as I walk through the world. I try to make the right choices and to treat people with kindness and respect. I fail over and over again. Then I step back, take a look at myself, and then start all over. Some days, obviously, I must get it right.

So let me just take a moment tonight and say thank you - with every bit of meaning those words can muster - to all the people who have taken the time to lift me up and help move me forward and who bless me every day by being my friends. My heart is full and overflowing of appreciation. I wish I could let you inside to see exactly how much. It's at least a couple of kilos of seed beads worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment