Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I just got back from having dinner with an old friend that I haven't seen in quite a while. It was nice to catch up - he's always been self-employed and now that I am too, I can relate to the challenges of working for yourself in a much more personal way. And my tummy is full of yummy Pappasito's fajitas which also makes me happy. They're my favorite place to get fajitas. I know they're a chain, but good is good. And it's great to have a place to visit in other cities where I know what I'm getting sometimes. Comfort food is a wise choice at times while traveling.

And speaking of food and traveling, a little cardinal mommie told me that the Arizona Diamondbacks stadium in Phoenix has the best Polish hotdogs ever. Since there's a group of us from Bead Expo attending Friday night's game vs. the Mets, I intend to check it out! Anyone who knows me well can imagine I'm not going for the baseball. It's not that I don't enjoy sports when I view them, but I don't follow them either. Baseball is low on the list of sports I do enjoy watching too. But people! THEM I love to watch! And the stadium food is always fun and sure to cause indigestion. And I plan on driving Anne, who's a baseball nut, crazy with stupid questions. "The Mets are from Denver, right?" "Are those pants they're wearing supposed to look that bad?" "Why does the catcher look like he's rubbing things he shouldn't in public??"

My plane doesn't leave until mid-afternoon tomorrow so I can play my usual staying up all night before I travel game and STILL get some sleep before the flight. I must be living right to be so lucky.

I added another important deadline smack dab on top of all my other deadlines in the next 30 days. If you see my head explode, just stitch it back together with some Fireline and send me on my way, would you? I'd really appreciate it.

Quote of the day: Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
Dr. David M. Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment